Monday 10 October 2011

Day, what day is it again?

When I left Brisbane it was pouring outside -- that incombatable tropical rain that saturates everything.  Everyone in the orphanage was hungover from a big Friday night.  As I packed to make check out, my friends were pushing beds together -- setting up to watch a marathon of Geordie Shore.  It was a sad goodbye...but I guess that is the backpacking lifestyle.  We made vague plans to meet up later in the season, and I set off for the Gold Coast.   

Right now I am traveling with Rhys, a slightly awkward Aussie guy with an afinity for junk food and the musical taste of a tweenage girl, and Estelle, an awesome Belgian girl who is on the same page with me about nearly everything.  So far we have hit up Surfers Paradise (party central), Lamington National Park (rain forest), and now we are in Byron Bay (hippie beach town).  We will probably be in Byron for a few days so I will write when I get internet access again.             

No comments:

Post a Comment