Tuesday 18 October 2011

Sydney day 3. Australia day 25...I think

When I wrote my last entry I had just gotten to Port Macquarie.  Later that day we visited the koala hospital.  This was an uplifting experience because I was beginning to think that traveling to Australia expecting to see a koala was as misguided as flying to California in hopes of spotting a movie star -- though I suppose visiting a koala hospital is a bit like cheating, like going to a book signing or a live concert.  Anyways the koalas were really cute.

Our next stop after Port Macquarie was the Hunter Valley wine country, which was not nearly as pretty as California wine country but all snobbery aside it was a good experience.  


We got into Sydney the next morning.  Estelle and I had already booked a week in a hostel that her boyfriend's friend works at.  The hostel is called HQ Backpackers.  It is only two months old, located right near the center of town, and incredibly clean.  In fact, after two weeks in the orphanage and a week of car camping, HQ feels like some sort of communal luxury hotel.  Everything is shinning wood floors, brown pleather furniture, and bright orange doors.  As the English would say: looks pretty smart eh? 


Anyway, the big downside to this hostel is that the internet here SUCKS but I am trying to make it work so bear with me. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment